So then: is it worth it? We did a quick pro and con assessment about social media!
- Keep updated with the recent events, news and lives of your dear ones.
- Advertise your skills to people at no expense.
- Informative and educational as some sites are goal-oriented.
- Thousands of people on our friend/fan/follower list, but no real friendships.
- You cannot fake an image for too long. It might lead to negative feelings if people don’t like the real you.
- Lack of social approval may lead to negative thoughts about self.
- You get influenced by what others do and make wrong decisions about relationships
- Life moves from hours in the playground to addictions to cell phones and other gadgets. We forget to look beyond our phone screens and lack family and real life experiences.
The truth is that the world around you, your family, friends, school, college, maybe even workplace, needs the REAL YOU to stand out. The real you that God made brilliant, bold and beautiful. If being #authentic and #keepingitreal are the latest buzzwords, then pray and ask God to show you the wonderful person you actually are.